Amazingly something pretty good came out of this. After week 2 of shivers and pangs of pain my bearded man came home and exclaimed “I can’t do this anymore”. I immediately knew – neither can I.
India, Korea, EIT, fighting with KTH for over 7 months, not getting CSN (due to fighting with KTH) – it all took it’s toll and enough is enough; we’re taking time. Time to actually see a friend every once in a while, time to focus on what we actually love in our education, to do our research and to have lazy evenings in the sofa.
Specifically we’re dropping two courses, which we haven’t quite pinpointed the consequences of yet. But it’s happening, we’re aware that the worst case scenario is a prolonged education, and that the best case scenario is that we pick it up a little at a later date.
Honestly, there was no chance that we were going to make it this semester after what happened with dad and then this pneumonia. We interviewed an entrepreneur Monday gone, he talked about knowing when to stop. I retorted that I can just see myself continuing to dig my hole and not realising when to stop until the foundation collapsed. Well thanks to the bearded man I needn’t have gotten that far, he came home and calmly told me that he’d calculated the hours we’d have to put in and it was obvious that it wasn’t going to happen. At the time I was still a shivering coughing mess in bed.
We hugged it out and then it hit me – we had free time. Time to yoga, give our dog more time, actually see mum! And even spend time with dad without staring at my laptop or phone simultaneously.
I’ve been terrified of dropping classes, but wow… it was the best decision we could have made.
So thank you pneumonia. You may have rendered me bed ridden for pretty much 3 weeks, but you made us take action and so we did.
Also, I said I would tell you about the job interviews – I will, when I’m fully recovered. I’m already dizzy from sitting up at the computer this long…!